Wednesday 20 April 2011

An All Knowing, All Powerful God?

Our learning tour to Israel/Palistine was very intersting, but at times challenging. I found the Holy Land to be anything but Holy.

Our tour was set up well in that we received a weight of reality, then a time of refreshing.
I experienced the weight in trying to understand the situation from both sides of the barrier. I'm still in no position to claim that I now fully understand the conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians, but I can now say that I'm more informed about their situation(s).

A challenging thought that kept coming back to me was: we know that God allowed the Holucost, the creation of the state of Israel, the seperation of the people with barriers and fences to happen, but why? I can't say I know why, but I do believe that our Holy Bible has many answers, so I want to continue to go back to it to learn, and try to understand.
Since I believe that God loves the souls of both the Israeli and the Palestinian people, I pray that
God will use us, through our tour, to bless the hurting Palestinian and Israeli people in such a way, so that He may be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment